JAWS - Job Access With Speech
JAWS® screen reading software for Windows is a powerful accessibility solution that reads information on your screen using synthesized speech. JAWS provides many useful commands that make it easier to use programs, edit documents, and read Web pages. With a refreshable braille display, JAWS can also provide braille output in addition to, or instead of, speech. An array of versatile features and customizable options lets you tailor JAWS for your individual needs and preferences.
Training Resources for Jaws Users
OSET provides many different forms of JAWS training. Take advantage of our FREE Training Programs or contact us for personalized options.
- Learn how to use Jaws in any application
- Small group instruction for Jaws with MS Office applications.
- Individual instruction for Jaws with your applications of choice
- Call about training options
- Learn Jaws customization
Freedom Scientific (FS)
Every JAWS user has access to free training programs from Freedom Scientific (FS).
- Training files may be included during the JAWS installation and can be accessed through the FS web site.
- A relatively new feature that allows remote support for Jaws users is JAWS Tandem. The JAWS Tandem Quick Start Guide is a valuable resource for learning this powerful feature.
Microsoft offers several tutorials that focus on accessible features for Operating systems, Office products and Web Browsers.