OSET Project: Master Card Call Center
The Master Card project at Convergys Corp. call center in Jacksonville, Florida was interested in hiring customer service representatives (CSR) from the consumer pool of Florida Division of Blind Services.
- Master Card has employed over 15 blind users; up to 10 at one time. Several of these employees have now been with Master Card for 15 years.
- Some CSRs have been promoted to supervisory and training positions within the company.
- Master Card has received several awards for their leadership in employing persons with disabilities.
Services Provided by OSET
- Assessment determined that the CSR position was "do-able" for Jaws users with the exception of one application for automated fax generation. Convergys agreed to mitigate that function by using a MS Word template created by OSET.
- Hardware installation was performed by an OSET/Convergy team.
- Jaws was installed by OSET.
- Jaws customization was developed for 4 applications; approximately 50 screens/forms.
- Blind "new" employees were trained for the position by an OSET/Convergys team. OSET trained the Convergys supervisors and trainers on Jaws basics so that eventually they took over all of the training functions.
- OSET supported Master Card through several software modernization implementations; including coordinating with the software developers to improve accessibility, applying scripting updates for Jaws versions, and providing individual customization at the request of blind users.