Technology Training services
OSET offers training and tutoring programs customized to meet your specific training needs. Our programs include:
- general computer user training,
- assistive technology product training,
- Microsoft Office skills training,
- job coaching,
- assistive technology technical training.
OSET offers training services in several formats. Our training services are provided using any or all of the formats which work best for the individual end user.
- On-site, one-on-one tutoring customized to meet the needs of an end user.
- On-site, small-group courses for application and support training.
- Phone-based one-on-one tutoring customized to meet the needs of the end user.
- Web-based small group courses for application and support training.
- Web-based self-paced training tutorials for Windows operating systems and productivity applications.
- These materials are made available on the OSET Training web site; free of charge.
- These materials can be used by anyone who wants to learn how to use the computer, not just those that use assistive technology products. The tutorials focus on using the keyboard to perform all functions.
- If you want a module not already available, then email us with your request and contact information.
OSET also provides "train-the-trainer" programs. These programs provide customized training workshops, materials and resources for your organization's trainers. Contact us to discuss your organization's specific needs.
- Assistive Technology training courses.
- Strategies for teaching students/employees who are blind.
Assistive Technology Product Training
End users are trained for beginning, intermediate, or advanced skills using their AT hardware and software:
Assistive Technology Technical Training
End users and tech support personnel benefit from advanced skills in installing and supporting AT software.
Microsoft Office(tm) Application Training
- Modular training for basic skills with any Office(tm) applications.
- Custom training to perform the specific features you need to use.
- Designed for all users, but focused on keyboard users, especially those using screen-reading or magnification software.
- Need assistance in providing training for employees who are blind/vision impaired? We work with your trainers to ensure your employees get the most out of their training/entry-level jobs.
- When AT customization is provided, we provide training for the end user, targeting the features provided by the customization.
Next Step in the Rehab Engineering Process